UPA to last till 2014: Rajiv Shukla
Kanpur: Confident that the UPA government will complete its term, Congress on Sunday said mid-term polls would remain an "unfulfilled dream" of those political parties predicting the government would fall before 2014 elections.
"There are no chances of mid-term polls. Whichever party dreams of such, will have their wishes unfulfilled. The government will complete its term and elections will take place only in 2014," Congress leader Rajiv Shukla told reporters after a UP Cricket Association meeting here.
The BJP had yesterday said at the party`s National Council Meeting in Surajkund, Haryana that it was unlikely the UPA government would sustain till 2014.
Shukla also denied that the UPA government was in any danger due to Trinamool Congress` withdrawal from the alliance, saying that they had full support from various other parties.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends