UPA to last till 2014: Rajiv Shukla
Kanpur: Confident that the UPA government will complete its term, Congress on Sunday said mid-term polls would remain an "unfulfilled dream" of those political parties predicting the government would fall before 2014 elections.
"There are no chances of mid-term polls. Whichever party dreams of such, will have their wishes unfulfilled. The government will complete its term and elections will take place only in 2014," Congress leader Rajiv Shukla told reporters after a UP Cricket Association meeting here.
The BJP had yesterday said at the party`s National Council Meeting in Surajkund, Haryana that it was unlikely the UPA government would sustain till 2014.
Shukla also denied that the UPA government was in any danger due to Trinamool Congress` withdrawal from the alliance, saying that they had full support from various other parties.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- MEA declines information on Lalit Modi's passport issue, draws flak
- School director beaten to death after two students found dead in Bihar
- #SelfieWithDaughter trends worldwide on Twitter after PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat'