UPA to last till 2014: Rajiv Shukla
Kanpur: Confident that the UPA government will complete its term, Congress on Sunday said mid-term polls would remain an "unfulfilled dream" of those political parties predicting the government would fall before 2014 elections.
"There are no chances of mid-term polls. Whichever party dreams of such, will have their wishes unfulfilled. The government will complete its term and elections will take place only in 2014," Congress leader Rajiv Shukla told reporters after a UP Cricket Association meeting here.
The BJP had yesterday said at the party`s National Council Meeting in Surajkund, Haryana that it was unlikely the UPA government would sustain till 2014.
Shukla also denied that the UPA government was in any danger due to Trinamool Congress` withdrawal from the alliance, saying that they had full support from various other parties.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore