UPA wants to keep CBI caged: BJP
New Delhi: The BJP on Saturday hit out at the UPA government over its affidavit rejecting most of suggestions for independence of the CBI and said it wanted to keep the investigative agency "a caged parrot".
"The agency should come out of the grip of the government," Bharatiya Janata Party leader Shahnawaz Hussain said here.
He, however, added that the issue needs wider debate.
The central government had on Friday shot down most of the suggestions by the Central Bureau of Investigation seeking to fortify its independence, telling the Supreme Court that an all-powerful agency director without adequate checks and balances would not be in harmony with the constitutional scheme of things.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read