UPA ‘weak’ on China, Pak; should re-devise foreign policy: BJP
Bangalore: BJP on Tuesday alleged that Chinese border incursions and repeated ceasefire violations by Pakistan were ‘the making’ of a ‘weak’ Congress-led UPA government which should re-devise its foreign policy.
BJP Spokesperson Meenakshi Lekhi said India should befriend neighbouring countries of China to check the "dragon" so that it does not become "uncontrollable".
"I have a suggestion. China is surrounded by 14 countries. The neighbour`s neighbours should be our friend. We need to re-devise our policy," she told reporters here.
Blaming the "weak" UPA government for the postures of China and Pakistan, Lekhi said, "What surprises me is the repeat manner in which the incursions are happening and these are symptoms.
Both China and Pakistan are symptoms of a disease which is happening due to weak government in Delhi and that disease needs to be cured to settle the border issue."
To a question on the Jammu and Kashmir issue, she said a "devilish game" was being played by Pakistan and "for any corrected process I think the (UPA) government at the Centre needs to change."
Lekhi claimed Pakistan Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif was having an agenda to push Taliban terrorists into India in the wake of the proposed US pullout from Afghanistan.
"...There is a very clear agenda of pushing those people (Taliban) into India in the wake of America`s proposed pullout from Afghanistan. They (Pakistan) have constantly supported the militants and terrorists," she said.
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- UN says North Korea accusations vs US troops 'unsubstantiated'
- Supreme Court bans diesel, petrol cabs in Delhi-NCR from May 1
- SHOCKING! Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Haryana - WATCH VIDEO
- Aishwarya Rai Bachchan to star in Ajay Devgn's ‘Baadshaho’?
- AgustaWestland bribery scam: CBI questions ex-IAF deputy chief JS Gujaral