UPA would last its full term: Narayanasamy
Thane: The government on Tuesday rejected demands for dissolution of the Lok Sabha and asserted that the UPA will complete its full term.
"We will not quit just because one person or NGO is making the demand. There are still 18 months left for the completion of the term, which we will complete," Minister of State in the Prime Minister`s Office (PMO) V Narayanasamy said here.
His remarks on the sidelines of a function here come against the backdrop of social activist Anna Hazare and former Army chief General V K Singh`s demand for immediate dissolution of the Lok Sabha.
Referring to Congress general secretary Rahul Gandhi, he said, "The Prime Minister had offered a cabinet berth to him, but he chose to work to strengthen the party instead."
"Manmohanji has youngsters in the Cabinet, who will prove themselves. It is a Congress brigade and not a Rahul brigade," he added.
When asked about the "grand welcome" accorded to BJP chief Nitin Gadkari in Nagpur yesterday, the union minister said, a probe had already been initiated by the Corporate Affairs Ministry against Gadkari. "We can comment only after the (probe) report comes," he said.
On the questions pertaining to the Lokpal Bill, Narayanasamy said that the Bill was before the Review Committee. "It will be brought before the Rajya Sabha after the committee submits a report. We will introduce it and get it passed with the support of other parties in the coming Parliament session," he said.
He agreed that there was a "dire need" of the Navi Mumbai Airport due to growth in air traffic. "I will apprise the Maharashtra Chief Minister about the issue to speed up of work," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi addresses public meeting in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US