UPA`s glass filled with corruption: Modi
Ahmedabad: Targeting the Manmohan Singh government at the Centre, Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi Friday said UPA`s glass is filled with corruption.
"In the last nine years (five years of UPA-I and four of UPA-II), the (UPA`s) glass has been full with corruption. There is no space for trust or belief. Unfortunately, even the common man has to take something from the glass filled with corruption," he said after the launch of Gujarat edition of Business Line here.
He said the country is going through a total policy paralysis because of the UPA`s poor governance.
"We have to accept that the nation is going through deep policy paralysis," Modi said.
He also lashed out at the Union government for its "misuse" of government institutions for settling scores.
"Unfortunately, I could not hear what you (Infosys Executive co-chairman Kris Gopalakrishnan) said...Whether you praised Gujarat or not...But I will get to know in two days. Last week, when Infosys praised Gujarat, it got an Income-Tax notice of Rs 500 crore," Modi said.
Gopalakrishnan, who is also Confederation of Indian Industries president, had heaped praise on Modi, describing him as "a global leader".
"Modi is a global leader who many wish to emulate. It is a privilege to share the dais with Modi, under whom the state has progressed in all aspects," he had said earlier in the function.
Modi said social media has given common man more voice than before.
"Technology has impacted the print, electronic and social media immensely," Modi said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read