UPA`s glass filled with corruption: Modi
Ahmedabad: Targeting the Manmohan Singh government at the Centre, Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi Friday said UPA`s glass is filled with corruption.
"In the last nine years (five years of UPA-I and four of UPA-II), the (UPA`s) glass has been full with corruption. There is no space for trust or belief. Unfortunately, even the common man has to take something from the glass filled with corruption," he said after the launch of Gujarat edition of Business Line here.
He said the country is going through a total policy paralysis because of the UPA`s poor governance.
"We have to accept that the nation is going through deep policy paralysis," Modi said.
He also lashed out at the Union government for its "misuse" of government institutions for settling scores.
"Unfortunately, I could not hear what you (Infosys Executive co-chairman Kris Gopalakrishnan) said...Whether you praised Gujarat or not...But I will get to know in two days. Last week, when Infosys praised Gujarat, it got an Income-Tax notice of Rs 500 crore," Modi said.
Gopalakrishnan, who is also Confederation of Indian Industries president, had heaped praise on Modi, describing him as "a global leader".
"Modi is a global leader who many wish to emulate. It is a privilege to share the dais with Modi, under whom the state has progressed in all aspects," he had said earlier in the function.
Modi said social media has given common man more voice than before.
"Technology has impacted the print, electronic and social media immensely," Modi said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days