UPA`s report card is a non report card: BJP
New Delhi: The BJP termed the UPA`s report card as a "non-report card" that hid all the scams and revealed only what was convenient to the ruling dispensation.
The Opposition party also lashed out at the UPA for "blaming it for its own failures".
"The UPA`s report card is a non report card. It hides all the scams and reveals only the convenient. More importantly, Congress is now blaming BJP for its own failures," BJP spokesperson Prakash Javadekar said.
Reacting to the Congress` criticism of BJP stalling passage of important legislations like the Food Security Bill, he said BJP has already enacted first Food Security Act in Chhattisgarh which is more inclusive than the UPA proposal.
"We want to ask why UPA did not bring this bill for the last nine years and waited for so long," he wondered on the long delay in bringing the Food Security Bill and then blaming the Opposition party for stalling it.
UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi and Prime Minister Manmohan Singh today came down heavily on BJP for disrupting Parliament proceedings and preventing crucial legislations from being passed.
"I cannot hide my deep sense of disappointment over the manner in which Parliamentary proceedings have been disrupted by the principal Opposition party," Sonia said at a function to mark four years of UPA-II rule.
"We are disappointed that we have not been able to get crucial legislations enacted entirely because of this obstructionist approach (of BJP)," she said.
Sonia also made a "fervent plea" to the NDA and other Opposition parties to come together and clear the passage of the Food Security and the Land Acquisition bills, saying these were "non-partisan" issues affecting the lives of millions of people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video