UPA`s report card is a non report card: BJP
New Delhi: The BJP termed the UPA`s report card as a "non-report card" that hid all the scams and revealed only what was convenient to the ruling dispensation.
The Opposition party also lashed out at the UPA for "blaming it for its own failures".
"The UPA`s report card is a non report card. It hides all the scams and reveals only the convenient. More importantly, Congress is now blaming BJP for its own failures," BJP spokesperson Prakash Javadekar said.
Reacting to the Congress` criticism of BJP stalling passage of important legislations like the Food Security Bill, he said BJP has already enacted first Food Security Act in Chhattisgarh which is more inclusive than the UPA proposal.
"We want to ask why UPA did not bring this bill for the last nine years and waited for so long," he wondered on the long delay in bringing the Food Security Bill and then blaming the Opposition party for stalling it.
UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi and Prime Minister Manmohan Singh today came down heavily on BJP for disrupting Parliament proceedings and preventing crucial legislations from being passed.
"I cannot hide my deep sense of disappointment over the manner in which Parliamentary proceedings have been disrupted by the principal Opposition party," Sonia said at a function to mark four years of UPA-II rule.
"We are disappointed that we have not been able to get crucial legislations enacted entirely because of this obstructionist approach (of BJP)," she said.
Sonia also made a "fervent plea" to the NDA and other Opposition parties to come together and clear the passage of the Food Security and the Land Acquisition bills, saying these were "non-partisan" issues affecting the lives of millions of people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?