UPA`s second anniversary: Uncertainty over DMK ministers` presence
Chennai: Uncertainty prevails on union ministers belonging to the DMK attending the United Progressive Alliance`s (UPA) second anniversary dinner being hosted by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Sunday.
While no formal decision has been taken on the issue, it is learned the DMK`s representatives in the central government might skip the dinner as a mark of solidarity with their leader M Karunanidhi in his hour of crisis.
According to party sources, Karunanidhi has received the dinner invitation from Singh but decided not to attend it.
Karunanidhi`s daughter Kanimozhi, charged as a co-conspirator in the 2G spectrum allocation scam, was Friday arrested and sent to Tihar Jail after her bail plea was rejected. The main conspirator is DMK MP and former communications minister A Raja, who is also in the same jail.
Six of the DMK`s 18 MP are ministers. Instead of all ministers skipping the dinner, there is also the possibility that a few of them may attend the function.
Meanwhile, the DMK`s top brass were in discussion with Karunanidhi at his residence in Chennai Saturday to chalk out the strategy in the wake of Kanimozhi`s arrest.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof