UPA`s wrong policies have ruined agri sector: Josh
Yavatmal: Senior BJP leader Dr Murli Manohar Joshi has alleged that the UPA government`s "wrong economic policy" has brought heavy losses for the country`s agriculture sector.
The central government has allowed FDI at the cost of common people in the country, Joshi said during the Pt Deendayal Upadhyaya award ceremony here last evening.
"A handful of rich and elite people are holding the reins of India`s development and the gap between the rich and the poor in the country is so vast," he said, adding that Pt Upadhyaya had devoted his life for the upliftment of common man at the grassroot level.
Alleging that the UPA government was making hectic efforts to cover up the rampant corruption at all levels, Joshi said a few influential persons were drawing hefty salaries and availing all perks while the common man was suffering.
"How can we justify when these people draw a monthly remuneration of Rs 20 lakh while the poor Indian has to live at the wage of Rs 20-25 per day?" he asked.
How can an agriculture-based country like India force its farmers to commit suicide at the face of crop failure, disproportionate production and market cost of farming, Joshi lamented.
"We want debt-free farmers and a starvation free Hindustan," the BJP leader said and urged the farmers to strive for achieving the goal instead of killing themselves.
On the occasion, a cash award of Rs 25,000 was presented to a villager for his contribution in the field of socio-economic agriculture.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31