UPA`s wrong policies have ruined agri sector: Josh
Yavatmal: Senior BJP leader Dr Murli Manohar Joshi has alleged that the UPA government`s "wrong economic policy" has brought heavy losses for the country`s agriculture sector.
The central government has allowed FDI at the cost of common people in the country, Joshi said during the Pt Deendayal Upadhyaya award ceremony here last evening.
"A handful of rich and elite people are holding the reins of India`s development and the gap between the rich and the poor in the country is so vast," he said, adding that Pt Upadhyaya had devoted his life for the upliftment of common man at the grassroot level.
Alleging that the UPA government was making hectic efforts to cover up the rampant corruption at all levels, Joshi said a few influential persons were drawing hefty salaries and availing all perks while the common man was suffering.
"How can we justify when these people draw a monthly remuneration of Rs 20 lakh while the poor Indian has to live at the wage of Rs 20-25 per day?" he asked.
How can an agriculture-based country like India force its farmers to commit suicide at the face of crop failure, disproportionate production and market cost of farming, Joshi lamented.
"We want debt-free farmers and a starvation free Hindustan," the BJP leader said and urged the farmers to strive for achieving the goal instead of killing themselves.
On the occasion, a cash award of Rs 25,000 was presented to a villager for his contribution in the field of socio-economic agriculture.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested