Uproar in Lok Sabha over farm loan waiver scheme
New Delhi: The Lok Sabha was adjourned till noon Wednesday after noisy protests by opposition parties over discrepancies in the Rs.52,000 crore farm loan waiver scheme of the United Progressive Alliance (UPA) government.
As soon as the house met, the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) and Samajwadi Party demanded suspension of the question hour to discuss the "scam".
Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar`s repeated requests to allow the question hour to run smoothly proved futile as members trooped into the well of the house shouting slogans.
The house was adjourned till 12 noon.
The Comptroller and Auditor General (CAG) has found serious discrepancies in the implementation of the scheme started in 2008.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border
- Samajwadi Party feud LIVE: Mulayam sacks Ram Gopal Yadav from party for six years; Shivpal says he is corrupt, involved with BJP
- LIVE Cricket Score, IND vs NZ, 3rd ODI: Chasing 286-run target, India lose Rahane and Rohit early