Uproar in Lok Sabha over farm loan waiver scheme
New Delhi: The Lok Sabha was adjourned till noon Wednesday after noisy protests by opposition parties over discrepancies in the Rs.52,000 crore farm loan waiver scheme of the United Progressive Alliance (UPA) government.
As soon as the house met, the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) and Samajwadi Party demanded suspension of the question hour to discuss the "scam".
Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar`s repeated requests to allow the question hour to run smoothly proved futile as members trooped into the well of the house shouting slogans.
The house was adjourned till 12 noon.
The Comptroller and Auditor General (CAG) has found serious discrepancies in the implementation of the scheme started in 2008.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Siachen braveheart loses battle for life; India pays homage to Lance Naik Hanumanthappa, PM Modi 'devastated'