Uproar in Lok Sabha over farm loan waiver scheme
New Delhi: The Lok Sabha was adjourned till noon Wednesday after noisy protests by opposition parties over discrepancies in the Rs.52,000 crore farm loan waiver scheme of the United Progressive Alliance (UPA) government.
As soon as the house met, the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) and Samajwadi Party demanded suspension of the question hour to discuss the "scam".
Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar`s repeated requests to allow the question hour to run smoothly proved futile as members trooped into the well of the house shouting slogans.
The house was adjourned till 12 noon.
The Comptroller and Auditor General (CAG) has found serious discrepancies in the implementation of the scheme started in 2008.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Seoul, Washington kick off joint annual war game
- Myanmar denies clashes between Indian army, ethnic group
- Black money: Govt to ban cash transactions of above Rs 3 lakh
- Must see pics! Incredible images of lava from Hawaii’s volcano cascading into the ocean (Photo feature)
- A month on, search continues for missing IAF aircraft AN-32