Uproar in Lok Sabha over petrol price hike
New Delhi: The Lok Sabha was adjourned till noon on Monday as the Opposition noisily demanded a rollback of the hike in petrol prices.
As soon as the house met at 11 am, members of the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) and other parties started shouting slogans on the issue.
Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar`s repeated requests to allow the proceedings of the question hour proved futile and the house was adjourned till noon.
Petrol prices went up by Rs 1.40 a litre, excluding taxes, from March 01.
This was the second hike in over two weeks after the February 15 increase in the price of the fuel by Rs 1.50.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Florida shooting: Three taken into custody, more suspects sought
- Dope test scandal: After wrestler Narsingh Yadav, shot putter Inderjeet Singh tests positive for banned substance
- Historic solar flight marks first round-the-world journey
- Akshay Kumar’s avatar in John Abraham, Varun Dhawan starrer ‘Dishoom’ will surprise you– See pic
- Bangladesh police storm militant hideout, kill 9 Islamist extremists in Dhaka