Uproar in Lok Sabha over petrol price hike
New Delhi: The Lok Sabha was adjourned till noon on Monday as the Opposition noisily demanded a rollback of the hike in petrol prices.
As soon as the house met at 11 am, members of the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) and other parties started shouting slogans on the issue.
Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar`s repeated requests to allow the proceedings of the question hour proved futile and the house was adjourned till noon.
Petrol prices went up by Rs 1.40 a litre, excluding taxes, from March 01.
This was the second hike in over two weeks after the February 15 increase in the price of the fuel by Rs 1.50.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump Inauguration LIVE: US President vows to eradicate Islamic terrorism from the face of Earth