Uproar in Lok Sabha over petrol price hike
New Delhi: The Lok Sabha was adjourned till noon on Monday as the Opposition noisily demanded a rollback of the hike in petrol prices.
As soon as the house met at 11 am, members of the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) and other parties started shouting slogans on the issue.
Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar`s repeated requests to allow the proceedings of the question hour proved futile and the house was adjourned till noon.
Petrol prices went up by Rs 1.40 a litre, excluding taxes, from March 01.
This was the second hike in over two weeks after the February 15 increase in the price of the fuel by Rs 1.50.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand