Uproar in Lok Sabha over petrol price hike
New Delhi: The Lok Sabha was adjourned till noon on Monday as the Opposition noisily demanded a rollback of the hike in petrol prices.
As soon as the house met at 11 am, members of the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) and other parties started shouting slogans on the issue.
Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar`s repeated requests to allow the proceedings of the question hour proved futile and the house was adjourned till noon.
Petrol prices went up by Rs 1.40 a litre, excluding taxes, from March 01.
This was the second hike in over two weeks after the February 15 increase in the price of the fuel by Rs 1.50.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- 'Second Hand Husband' review: Fails to impress