Uproar in Lok Sabha over petrol price hike
New Delhi: The Lok Sabha was adjourned till noon on Monday as the Opposition noisily demanded a rollback of the hike in petrol prices.
As soon as the house met at 11 am, members of the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) and other parties started shouting slogans on the issue.
Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar`s repeated requests to allow the proceedings of the question hour proved futile and the house was adjourned till noon.
Petrol prices went up by Rs 1.40 a litre, excluding taxes, from March 01.
This was the second hike in over two weeks after the February 15 increase in the price of the fuel by Rs 1.50.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- Bastian Schweinsteiger not giving up on Manchester United
- England vs Pakistan, 1st ODI: Pak Innings — As it happened...
- World's largest aircraft, Airlander 10, crashes during 2nd test flight - Watch
- Reliance Jio gets aggressive; partners Samsung, Micromax and others for free voice, data service
- Zeta eases retail payment further with NFC-enabled super tag