Uproar in Lok Sabha over Telangana issue, TRS MPs walk out
New Delhi: The Telangana issue on Monday led to brief adjournment in the Lok Sabha with two TRS members staging a walk out for not being given adequate time to raise the matter.
As soon as the House met for the day, TRS members K Chandrasekhar Rao and Vijayashanti walked into the Well raising slogans for carving out a separate Telangana state.
Speaker Meira Kumar took up the Question Hour but soon adjourned the House for 15 minutes and called the TRS members to her chamber.
When the House reconvened, the TRS members again were in the Well raising slogans.
As this continued for a while, the Speaker allowed Rao to raise the matter briefly.
BJP veteran L K Advani remarked that the Speaker was setting a precedent.
"I am making an exception because a lady is involved and a member is in frail health. This should not be treated as a precedent," the Speaker said.
Several members were heard saying that the matter should be raised during Zero Hour.
As Rao took seat, Kumar said, "There is a certain objection. It will be better if you raise in the Zero Hour. Say what you have to say in half-a-minute."
Rao said the government had assured them in the House on the formation of a separate Telanagana state three years back and still nothing had happened.
The Speaker said that he had raised the issue and will be given time during Zero Hour and called for continuation of the Question Hour.
Rao and Vijayashanti later walked out of the House.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31