UPSC asked to disclose results of 2010 prelims
New Delhi: The Delhi High Court has accepted the plea of a group of civil service aspirants and directed the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) to disclose the
results of all qualified candidates in the preliminary examination-2010.
The court, however, allowed the Commission not to disclose to the petitioners, who were unsuccessful in 2010 preliminary examination, the raw marks if they were not
available with it.
"No prejudice whatsoever would be caused to any of those qualified candidates or to the UPSC, if the complete result of the qualified candidates with their roll numbers are disclosed. Further it would be in the public interest to do
so," Justice S Muralidhar said in a recent order.
The court rejected the argument of the UPSC`s counsel that the Commission would not be able to provide information as the candidates had filed their application under Right To Information (RTI) Act with the Chairman UPSC instead of its
Central Public Information Officer (CPIO).
The order came on a petition seeking direction to UPSC, which rejected their RTI application, to disclose to the petitioners the cut-off marks for every subject, and for General Study by different categories such as General, OBC, SC and ST, besides the copies of relevant documents.
The petitioners also sought complete result of all qualified candidates of Civil Services (Prelims) Examination 2010 with their roll number, raw and scaled marks besides they sought information pertaining to scaling methodology applied
to scale the raw marks of every subjects.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- When Kareena Kapoor Khan got 'emotional' while walking Lakme Fashion Week runway
- Two dead, 41 hurt in bus crash involving Louisiana flood-relief volunteers
- Three accused of 2009 Sri Lanka cricket team attack killed, claims Pakistan
- Heart failure among the aged may triple by 2060
- Shahid Kapoor holding his newly born daughter is the cutest thing you will see today! – Pic inside