UPSC CSAT row: Arun Jaitley, Jitender Singh hold meeting at Rajnath Singh`s residence
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: In order to resolve UPSC CSAT issue, Cabinet Ministers Arun Jaitley and Jitender Singh met Home Minister Rajnath Singh at his residence on Sunday.
The meeting was also attended by officials from the Prime Minister Office.
“We are mulling all aspects regarding the UPSC CSAT matter. Whenever there will be something to share we`ll certainly do,” said Jitendra Singh.
Later, Rajnath Singh met the Prime Minister Narendra Modi to brief him about Saharanpur communal clashes.
Two days back there was protest against the Union Public Service Commission Civil Service Aptitude Test (CSAT), which started on June 27 and gained momentum.
More than 500 Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) aspirants were protesting in central and north Delhi, demanding the scrapping of the Civil Services Aptitude Test (CSAT), calling it discriminatory against those with Hindi background.
The CSAT is a compulsory part of the civil services examination, acting as a screening test before the main examination.
A section of aspirants are demanding scrapping of CSAT-II arguing that it is biased against Hindi and vernacular medium students and those coming from a rural background.
Supporting the aspirants demands, the Congress has said the government should show seriousness about resolving the issue and added that the party is ready to take up the fight on behalf of UPSC aspirants both inside Parliament and outside.
(With Agency inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow