UPSC row: Government to hold meeting today to resolve dispute
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: In order to put an end to the prolonged Union Public Service Commission issue, the Central government will hold a meeting on Sunday wherein the ministers will try to reach a solution, as per reports.
The meeting is likely to be attended by the Cabinet Ministers Arun Jaitley, Rajnath Singh and the BJP chief Amit Shah.
Meanwhile, MOS Jitendra Singh said that whenever the decision will be taken, it will be made public.
The aspirants for the examination, conducted by the UPSC, have been demanding the aptitude test (CSAT-II) be scrapped as they term it discriminatory to those from Hindi-speaking states as well as humanities students.
The government will share its decision on the row over the civil service entrance examination at an "appropriate time", Singh had said on Saturday.
"At an appropriate time, the government will share whatever the decisions are," Jitendra Singh told reporters after meeting Home Minister Rajnath Singh over the issue.
Bharatiya Janata Party leader JP Nadda said the Narendra Modi government is serious about solving the issue.
"Government is seriously looking into the concerns raised by the students. Government and the party are together trying to solve the issue," he said.
"I also appeal to the students to maintain calm, a decision will be taken as soon as possible," he said.
Meanwhile, scores of NSUI activists yesterday staged a protest outside the residence of Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh, demanding scrapping of Civil Services Aptitude Test (CSAT).
They also shouted slogans against the alleged police action against civil services aspirants who were holding a demonstration on Wednesday evening in Nehru Vihar area of north Delhi.
The protesters led by NSUI`s general secretary Mohit Sharma gathered around 9:30 am outside the minister`s house and raised slogans against the UPSC and BJP-led central government.
(With Agency inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- SSC CGL 2016 exam dates out; read the eligibility criteria, registration details
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- PSL 2016 T20, Match 7: Quetta Gladiators vs Peshawar Zalmi – Key players