UPSC to accept job applications online by next year
New Delhi: Union Public Service Commission (UPSC), the recruitment and selection body for government services, will accept online job application by next year.
"UPSC will be introducing system for online application procedure by next year for all exams and recruitment," UPSC chairman DP Agrawal said at a function late Tuesday evening.
UPSC conducts examinations for recruitment to various government jobs including civil, medical, defence, engineering, foreign and central police services.
"UPSC handles about 12 lakh applications annually. Introduction of the online application facility will help in easing the mammoth work of scrutinising the applications," Agrawal said at a function organised by the Institution of Engineers, Delhi.
He said about 800 UPSC employees have been trained in the use of computer technology.
"This is an ongoing process and the commission is planning to give advance training to its officials with the help of outside expert agencies," Agarwal said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Indrani Mukerjea's three plans to kill Sheena Bora
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- Baby girl still in hospital after 76 days, mother denies relationship with baby
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- When Indrani Mukerjea broke down on meeting her daughter Vidhie