Upset over transfer from Mizoram, Vakkom Purushothaman resigns as Nagaland Governor
Zee Media Bureau/Ajith Vijay Kumar
Thiruvananthapuram: Upset over his transfer from Mizoram, Nagaland Governor Vakkom Purushothaman resigned from the constitutional post on Friday.
Purushothaman has sent across the resignation letter to the Rashtrapati Bhavan. New Mizoram Governor Kamla Beniwal was sworn-in yesterday.
A few hours before Beniwal`s oath taking, Purushothaman left the state for his home state Kerala after a hurriedly organised farewell at Aizwal`s Lengpui airport which was attended by Chief Minister Lal Thanhawla and other top officials.
Purushothaman was sworn-in as the Mizoram Governor on September 2, 2011.
Purushothaman had come down heavily on the NDA government for nudging Governors appointed by the UPA government to resign so as to make way for their appointees.
He said that Governors could not be shunted around like government servants and said the constitutional post be accorded due respect.
Purushothaman, who is also a senior Congress leader, said that he will get back to active politics in Kerala but ruled out getting into the electoral fray.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Zaira Wasim controversy: 'Dangal' star's posters burnt in Kashmir valley