Urinal named after Ajit Pawar in Jalna: Report
Maharashtra: While the Maharashtra Legislative Assembly continued to witness uproarious scenes for a second day over state’s Deputy Chief Minister Ajit Pawar’s urine remark, a urinal was also named after the NCP leader in Jalna.
Reports on Tuesday said that the activists in Jalna have named the urinal after Ajit Pawar in protest to his objectionable remark on the drought situation and load-shedding in the state.
The activists also pasted a poster of the NCP leader on the wall of the urinal in Jalna.
This comes three days after Ajit, while referring to a farmer on a hunger fast demanding water be released in dams, said that the only way of releasing water in dams would be to urinate in them. The remarks drew sharp reactions from several parties.
The State Assembly had to be adjourned for a while as the opposition tried to pass a censure motion against him. However, the Speaker on Tuesday rejected that motion.
With Agency inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian captain to hit double century in away Test
- 2016 Rio Olympics: Russia bids to avoid ban as IOC reports new test failures
- What did she do that people tied her with rope and handed over to police? - Must read
- Assam flood situation grim, close to 3 lakh remain affected
- Sam Allardyce gets England job at second time of asking