Urinal named after Ajit Pawar in Jalna: Report
Maharashtra: While the Maharashtra Legislative Assembly continued to witness uproarious scenes for a second day over state’s Deputy Chief Minister Ajit Pawar’s urine remark, a urinal was also named after the NCP leader in Jalna.
Reports on Tuesday said that the activists in Jalna have named the urinal after Ajit Pawar in protest to his objectionable remark on the drought situation and load-shedding in the state.
The activists also pasted a poster of the NCP leader on the wall of the urinal in Jalna.
This comes three days after Ajit, while referring to a farmer on a hunger fast demanding water be released in dams, said that the only way of releasing water in dams would be to urinate in them. The remarks drew sharp reactions from several parties.
The State Assembly had to be adjourned for a while as the opposition tried to pass a censure motion against him. However, the Speaker on Tuesday rejected that motion.
With Agency inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what