US: 5 Indian software professionals dead in car crash
Washington: Five Indian software professionals, all from Hyderabad, died when their car hit a tractor-trailer and burst into flames in the US city of Oklahoma on Friday, the police said.
The accident happened when the car, a Chevrolet Camaro, hit the tractor-trailer, the Oklahoma Highway Patrol spokesman Capt Chris West said.
The car slid underneath the semi, went down an embankment and burst into flames. All five people in the car were ejected and killed at the scene.
The five have been identified as Jaswanth Reddy Subbayyagari, Phanindra Gade, Anurag Anthati, Srinivas Ravi and Venkat, the Telugu Association of North America (TANA) said quoting friend of those who died in the accident.
Among these people, only Venkat was married.
The truck driver was not hurt. Police said none of them were wearing seatbelts.
TANA president, Prasad Thotakura, said the organization with working with the police and local community to inform the families of the deceased, and making necessary arrangements to send the bodies to India.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Ravindra Jadeja gets engaged to Rajkot-based mechanical engineer Reeva Solanki
- Smoking hot! Deepika Padukone's first look in 'xXx' with Vin Diesel creates storm!
- Abhishek Bachchan's 'family' birthday—See pics