US: 5 Indian software professionals dead in car crash
Washington: Five Indian software professionals, all from Hyderabad, died when their car hit a tractor-trailer and burst into flames in the US city of Oklahoma on Friday, the police said.
The accident happened when the car, a Chevrolet Camaro, hit the tractor-trailer, the Oklahoma Highway Patrol spokesman Capt Chris West said.
The car slid underneath the semi, went down an embankment and burst into flames. All five people in the car were ejected and killed at the scene.
The five have been identified as Jaswanth Reddy Subbayyagari, Phanindra Gade, Anurag Anthati, Srinivas Ravi and Venkat, the Telugu Association of North America (TANA) said quoting friend of those who died in the accident.
Among these people, only Venkat was married.
The truck driver was not hurt. Police said none of them were wearing seatbelts.
TANA president, Prasad Thotakura, said the organization with working with the police and local community to inform the families of the deceased, and making necessary arrangements to send the bodies to India.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!