US Ambassador condoles death of Navy pilots
Hyderabad: United States Ambassador to
India Timothy J Roemer on Wednesday condoled the death of two Indian
Navy pilots who died in a plane crash at the India Aviation
air show here.
"What began as such a promising day has sadly ended
so tragically. As the full extent of tragedy is still becoming
known, all our thoughts and prayers are with those who lost
their lives or were injured and with their families," he said.
Roemer is in Hyderabad leading the American delegation
to the air show.
"These heartbreaking losses have even more piercing
impact when you are part of the event," he added.
Two Navy pilots Commander S K Maurya and Lt Commander
Rahul Nair died after their Kiran Mk II crashed into a
The aircraft was part of the four-aircraft Sagar Pawan
aerobatics display team of the Indian Navy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred