US Ambassador condoles death of Navy pilots
Hyderabad: United States Ambassador to
India Timothy J Roemer on Wednesday condoled the death of two Indian
Navy pilots who died in a plane crash at the India Aviation
air show here.
"What began as such a promising day has sadly ended
so tragically. As the full extent of tragedy is still becoming
known, all our thoughts and prayers are with those who lost
their lives or were injured and with their families," he said.
Roemer is in Hyderabad leading the American delegation
to the air show.
"These heartbreaking losses have even more piercing
impact when you are part of the event," he added.
Two Navy pilots Commander S K Maurya and Lt Commander
Rahul Nair died after their Kiran Mk II crashed into a
The aircraft was part of the four-aircraft Sagar Pawan
aerobatics display team of the Indian Navy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY