US Ambassador Nancy Powell meets Manish Tewari
New Delhi: US Ambassador to India Nancy Powell on Wednesday met Information and Broadcasting Minister Manish Tewari at his residence here and held discussions over India-US relations and various other issues.
Powell was accompanied by US Assistant Secretary of State for South Asia Nisha Biswal and the meeting lasted for nearly half an hour, officials said.
"The minister and the ambassador had discussion on various issues including Indo-US relations and possibility of cooperation in various areas," a source said.
Officials said that the meeting took place early in the day after which the minister left for his parliamentary constituency Ludhiana.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price