US aware of India`s concern with regard to Pak: Krishna
Washington: The US is aware of India`s concerns with regard to Pakistan and is not going to do anything that would "adversely affect" its interest, External Affairs Minister SM Krishna has said.
"Secretary of State Hillary Clinton is quite aware of India`s various concerns with reference to Pakistan. This has been discussed with Hillary and also at official level in
greater details," External Affairs Minister SM Krishna told reporters Friday evening at the end of his four-day trip here.
Krishna, who was leading a high-power delegation at Indo-US Strategic Dialogue, said "the message that I get from US Administration is that they are aware of our concerns and that they are not going to do anything which would adversely affect India`s interest."
In response to a question, Krishna said strengthening of the strategic relationship with the US was not at the cost of any third country.
"We understand where our interests lie, we understand where our concerns lie and we also understand where there could possibly be convergence. So we work on that," said the External Affairs Minister.
"Our concerns should be addressed by the US and their concerns should be addressed by us. This is the ground rule on which we proceed and this is the ground rule on which the
strategic dialogue took place," said the External Affairs Minister”.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani