US aware of India`s concern with regard to Pak: Krishna
Washington: The US is aware of India`s concerns with regard to Pakistan and is not going to do anything that would "adversely affect" its interest, External Affairs Minister SM Krishna has said.
"Secretary of State Hillary Clinton is quite aware of India`s various concerns with reference to Pakistan. This has been discussed with Hillary and also at official level in
greater details," External Affairs Minister SM Krishna told reporters Friday evening at the end of his four-day trip here.
Krishna, who was leading a high-power delegation at Indo-US Strategic Dialogue, said "the message that I get from US Administration is that they are aware of our concerns and that they are not going to do anything which would adversely affect India`s interest."
In response to a question, Krishna said strengthening of the strategic relationship with the US was not at the cost of any third country.
"We understand where our interests lie, we understand where our concerns lie and we also understand where there could possibly be convergence. So we work on that," said the External Affairs Minister.
"Our concerns should be addressed by the US and their concerns should be addressed by us. This is the ground rule on which we proceed and this is the ground rule on which the
strategic dialogue took place," said the External Affairs Minister”.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What an achievement! Anurag Thakur becomes first BJP MP to be commissioned into Territorial Army
- Rahul Gandhi kicks off Congress' poll campaign in Lucknow; vows to make UP no. 1 state, praises Sheila Dikshit
- Jeff Bezos world's third-richest, surpasses Warren Buffett: Forbes
- RBI to keep rates unchanged in August 9 policy: ICRA
- Expelled BJP leader Dayashankar Singh's wife led to his arrest?