US: Bomb threat at Indian Embassy, nothing found
Washington: A bomb threat was
reported at the Indian Embassy here on Tuesday morning after which
the premises had to be temporarily evacuated.
A thorough search of the Embassy premises was
immediately conducted after the threat was reported.
"Nothing was found," sources in the Embassy said.
The bomb threat call on telephone at the Embassy is said
to have been received sometime before 10-30 am.
According to sources, the caller claimed that a bomb has
been placed in the toilet of the Embassy.
As a precautionary measure, the embassy premises was
promptly evacuated and local police authorities were informed,
who arrived at the scene immediately.
About 130-140 people were inside the Embassy at the time
when it received the bomb threat call.
US media reports said the US Secret Service was notified
at about 11 am.
The reports said the roads in the periphery of the
Embassy premises were temporarily closed as authorities
conducted precautionary checks and sweeps in the area.
A few months ago, the security at the Embassy was beefed
up and metal detectors were installed for screening of every
visitor to its premises.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Arvind Kejriwal takes U-turn on water promise, says BJP
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!