US cities announce Sri Sri Ravi Shankar day
Bangalore: Two US cities -- Denver and Milwaukee -- have announced April 20 and 23 as `Sri Sri Ravi Shankar day` in honour of his humanitarian and spiritual contributions worldwide.
The two cities join 12 other US cities that had earlier declared Sri Sri Ravi Shankar day, an Art of Living foundation press release said.
The proclamations were signed by John Hickenlooper, the Mayor of Denver and Tom Barrett, Mayor of Milwaukee.
The honour comes as the spiritual leader is on a 12-city, 21-day tour to the US.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video