US cities announce Sri Sri Ravi Shankar day
Bangalore: Two US cities -- Denver and Milwaukee -- have announced April 20 and 23 as `Sri Sri Ravi Shankar day` in honour of his humanitarian and spiritual contributions worldwide.
The two cities join 12 other US cities that had earlier declared Sri Sri Ravi Shankar day, an Art of Living foundation press release said.
The proclamations were signed by John Hickenlooper, the Mayor of Denver and Tom Barrett, Mayor of Milwaukee.
The honour comes as the spiritual leader is on a 12-city, 21-day tour to the US.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?