US cities announce Sri Sri Ravi Shankar day
Bangalore: Two US cities -- Denver and Milwaukee -- have announced April 20 and 23 as `Sri Sri Ravi Shankar day` in honour of his humanitarian and spiritual contributions worldwide.
The two cities join 12 other US cities that had earlier declared Sri Sri Ravi Shankar day, an Art of Living foundation press release said.
The proclamations were signed by John Hickenlooper, the Mayor of Denver and Tom Barrett, Mayor of Milwaukee.
The honour comes as the spiritual leader is on a 12-city, 21-day tour to the US.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed