US cities announce Sri Sri Ravi Shankar day
Bangalore: Two US cities -- Denver and Milwaukee -- have announced April 20 and 23 as `Sri Sri Ravi Shankar day` in honour of his humanitarian and spiritual contributions worldwide.
The two cities join 12 other US cities that had earlier declared Sri Sri Ravi Shankar day, an Art of Living foundation press release said.
The proclamations were signed by John Hickenlooper, the Mayor of Denver and Tom Barrett, Mayor of Milwaukee.
The honour comes as the spiritual leader is on a 12-city, 21-day tour to the US.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?