US condoles death of Brajesh Mishra
New Delhi: The United States on Sunday condoled the death of former National Security Adviser Brajesh Mishra and described him as an "extraordinary champion" of closer Indo-US relations.
In a condolence message, the US said it was "greatly saddened" by the passing away of Mishra.
"Mishra was an extraordinary champion of closer India-US relations, and a friend to many Americans who shared his vision of a US-India partnership.
"Mishra will be missed by us all, but his contributions to India and the world will be remembered for years to come," the message said.
Mishra (84), who was suffering from coronary artery problem for some time, died here on Friday night.
The last rites of Mishra will be held tomorrow.
In November 1998, he became the country`s first National Security Adviser, a post he held till May 23, 2004.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police
- 3rd Test: India vs Sri Lanka 2015 - Preview