US condoles death of Indian fisherman in shooting
New Delhi: The US Tuesday conveyed its condolences to the families of an Indian killed and three others injured in a shooting incident by a US ship off the UAE coast and said it is probing the Monday evening incident.
In a statement, the US embassy in New Delhi conveyed its "condolences to the families of the crew of the small motor vessel which came under fire from the USNS Rappahannock on July 16 after the vessel disregarded non lethal warnings and rapidly approached the US ship".
It also said that the incident is being probed.
The US Navy supply USNS Rappahannock fired on a fishing boat near the mouth of Jebel Ali Port in Dubai Monday evening as it "ignored the warnings and came too close", Xinhua quoted sources as saying.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days