US condoles death of Indian fisherman in shooting
New Delhi: The US Tuesday conveyed its condolences to the families of an Indian killed and three others injured in a shooting incident by a US ship off the UAE coast and said it is probing the Monday evening incident.
In a statement, the US embassy in New Delhi conveyed its "condolences to the families of the crew of the small motor vessel which came under fire from the USNS Rappahannock on July 16 after the vessel disregarded non lethal warnings and rapidly approached the US ship".
It also said that the incident is being probed.
The US Navy supply USNS Rappahannock fired on a fishing boat near the mouth of Jebel Ali Port in Dubai Monday evening as it "ignored the warnings and came too close", Xinhua quoted sources as saying.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown