US condoles death of Indian fisherman in shooting
New Delhi: The US Tuesday conveyed its condolences to the families of an Indian killed and three others injured in a shooting incident by a US ship off the UAE coast and said it is probing the Monday evening incident.
In a statement, the US embassy in New Delhi conveyed its "condolences to the families of the crew of the small motor vessel which came under fire from the USNS Rappahannock on July 16 after the vessel disregarded non lethal warnings and rapidly approached the US ship".
It also said that the incident is being probed.
The US Navy supply USNS Rappahannock fired on a fishing boat near the mouth of Jebel Ali Port in Dubai Monday evening as it "ignored the warnings and came too close", Xinhua quoted sources as saying.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan