US confident of peaceful settlement of Arunachal issue
Kolkata: The United States on wednesday termed
China`s claim on Arunachal Pradesh as a bilateral issue with
India and expressed confidence that the two countries would
peacefully resolve the matter.
"The issue between India and China is a bilateral issue.
The US is confident that they will peacefully resolve this
issue," US Ambassador Timothy Roemer told reporters here.
Stating that the US respected elections and their
outcome, he said, "we saw the people of India turning out in
thousands at polling places yesterday. We respect the outcome
of those elections and we look forward to working with the
leaders that the region elects."
Asked whether the US had any plan to include the CPI
(Maoist) in its list of terrorist organisations, Roemer evaded
a direct reply saying, "the US will continue to work with
India on the overall threat posed by a host of groups
throughout the world."
India and the US had a common enemy in Pakistan-based
outfit Lashkar-e-Taiba and was "working in unprecedented ways
to take on that threat", Roemer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' release: I stand with Bollywood, why punish Pakistani artistes, says Digvijay Singh