US confident of peaceful settlement of Arunachal issue
Kolkata: The United States on wednesday termed
China`s claim on Arunachal Pradesh as a bilateral issue with
India and expressed confidence that the two countries would
peacefully resolve the matter.
"The issue between India and China is a bilateral issue.
The US is confident that they will peacefully resolve this
issue," US Ambassador Timothy Roemer told reporters here.
Stating that the US respected elections and their
outcome, he said, "we saw the people of India turning out in
thousands at polling places yesterday. We respect the outcome
of those elections and we look forward to working with the
leaders that the region elects."
Asked whether the US had any plan to include the CPI
(Maoist) in its list of terrorist organisations, Roemer evaded
a direct reply saying, "the US will continue to work with
India on the overall threat posed by a host of groups
throughout the world."
India and the US had a common enemy in Pakistan-based
outfit Lashkar-e-Taiba and was "working in unprecedented ways
to take on that threat", Roemer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Former CM Panneerselvam demands secret voting in Tamil Nadu Assembly
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Exclusive: In conversation with Rajnath Singh, Union Home Minister
- DMK, Congress will vote against government formation in Tamil Nadu
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley