US confident of peaceful settlement of Arunachal issue
Kolkata: The United States on wednesday termed
China`s claim on Arunachal Pradesh as a bilateral issue with
India and expressed confidence that the two countries would
peacefully resolve the matter.
"The issue between India and China is a bilateral issue.
The US is confident that they will peacefully resolve this
issue," US Ambassador Timothy Roemer told reporters here.
Stating that the US respected elections and their
outcome, he said, "we saw the people of India turning out in
thousands at polling places yesterday. We respect the outcome
of those elections and we look forward to working with the
leaders that the region elects."
Asked whether the US had any plan to include the CPI
(Maoist) in its list of terrorist organisations, Roemer evaded
a direct reply saying, "the US will continue to work with
India on the overall threat posed by a host of groups
throughout the world."
India and the US had a common enemy in Pakistan-based
outfit Lashkar-e-Taiba and was "working in unprecedented ways
to take on that threat", Roemer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Chikungunya outbreak in Delhi: Symptoms, tips to stay safe!
- Hal Shashti Vrat 2016: What is the significance of Balaram Jayanti!
- Good news for Vaishno Devi pilgrims! Shrine Board to announce new route soon - Know details
- Samsung's 1st Tizen powered 4G smartphone Z2 launched at Rs 4,590; comes with free Jio SIM
- All-new Hyundai Elantra launched in India, price starts at Rs 12.99 lakh