US confident of peaceful settlement of Arunachal issue
Kolkata: The United States on wednesday termed
China`s claim on Arunachal Pradesh as a bilateral issue with
India and expressed confidence that the two countries would
peacefully resolve the matter.
"The issue between India and China is a bilateral issue.
The US is confident that they will peacefully resolve this
issue," US Ambassador Timothy Roemer told reporters here.
Stating that the US respected elections and their
outcome, he said, "we saw the people of India turning out in
thousands at polling places yesterday. We respect the outcome
of those elections and we look forward to working with the
leaders that the region elects."
Asked whether the US had any plan to include the CPI
(Maoist) in its list of terrorist organisations, Roemer evaded
a direct reply saying, "the US will continue to work with
India on the overall threat posed by a host of groups
throughout the world."
India and the US had a common enemy in Pakistan-based
outfit Lashkar-e-Taiba and was "working in unprecedented ways
to take on that threat", Roemer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why separatist are targeting patriotic residents in Kashmir?
- Why separatist are targeting patriotic residents in Kashmir? Part II
- Why separatist are targeting patriotic residents in Kashmir? Part III
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- Low-cost cancer treatment should be priority: NITI Aayog CEO
- SC orders medical board in abnormal foetus case
- Obama vows support for Germany after Munich shooting
- Islamic State supporters hail deadly Munich shooting on social media
- 1st Test, Day 2 Report: Kohli double ton, Ashwin century put India in charge against West Indies