US court dismisses 1984 case against Sonia Gandhi
New York: A US federal court in Brooklyn has dismissed a lawsuit filed by a Sikh rights organisation accusing Congress party president Sonia Gandhi of shielding party leaders allegedly involved in violence against Sikhs in November 1984.
US district judge Brian M Cogan Monday granted Gandhi`s motion to dismiss the case filed by New York based Sikhs For Justice (SFJ) for lack of subject matter jurisdiction and failure to state a claim.
- Imran Khan demands ‘jail’ for Nawaz; reiterates Pak PM’s resignation over Panama Papers – Video inside
- Breathtaking dance steps performed by sibling goes viral – Watch video to believe it!
- Seven of marriage party electrocuted in Telangana
- IS-linked cell in Morocco planned attack in Brussels
- NDRF says ‘fire out in 70% of affected areas’, Centre sends team to probe Uttarakhand forest fires