US court dismisses 1984 case against Sonia Gandhi
New York: A US federal court in Brooklyn has dismissed a lawsuit filed by a Sikh rights organisation accusing Congress party president Sonia Gandhi of shielding party leaders allegedly involved in violence against Sikhs in November 1984.
US district judge Brian M Cogan Monday granted Gandhi`s motion to dismiss the case filed by New York based Sikhs For Justice (SFJ) for lack of subject matter jurisdiction and failure to state a claim.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bodos, ex-militants hail Modi govt for giving ST status to Bodo-Kacharis in Assam's hill districts
- South Korean navy fires warning shots after North incursion
- Trump lays claim to Republican presidential nomination
- Rights activist Trupti Desai alleges attack by goons in Nashik, hospitalised
- CHSE Odisha +2 Result (CHSE result 2016) Exam Results 2016 likely to be declared shortly. Check chseodisha.nic.in, orissaresults.nic.in