US Defence Secretary Hagel to meet NSA Menon in Munich
Washington: US Defence Secretary Chuck Hagel would meet India`s National Security Advisor Shiv Shankar Menon in Munich this week, Pentagon officials have said.
The two will meet during the 50th International Conference in Munich, Germany, scheduled from January 31 to February 1.
This would be the first meeting between them after the recent Devyani Khobragade issue that created tension in the bilateral ties.
Khobragade, 39, was indicted on January 10 for visa fraud and making false statements by a grand jury.
The 1999-batch IFS officer was arrested on December 12 last year in New York on charges of making false declarations in a visa application for her maid. She was released on a USD 250,000 bond.
The diplomat was strip searched and held with criminals, triggering a row between the two sides with India retaliating by downgrading privileges of certain category of US diplomats.
Khobragade had returned to India after US authorities accorded her diplomatic immunity.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply