US Defence Secretary Hagel to meet NSA Menon in Munich
Washington: US Defence Secretary Chuck Hagel would meet India`s National Security Advisor Shiv Shankar Menon in Munich this week, Pentagon officials have said.
The two will meet during the 50th International Conference in Munich, Germany, scheduled from January 31 to February 1.
This would be the first meeting between them after the recent Devyani Khobragade issue that created tension in the bilateral ties.
Khobragade, 39, was indicted on January 10 for visa fraud and making false statements by a grand jury.
The 1999-batch IFS officer was arrested on December 12 last year in New York on charges of making false declarations in a visa application for her maid. She was released on a USD 250,000 bond.
The diplomat was strip searched and held with criminals, triggering a row between the two sides with India retaliating by downgrading privileges of certain category of US diplomats.
Khobragade had returned to India after US authorities accorded her diplomatic immunity.
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- VVIP chopper scam: Ex-IAF chief SP Tyagi had admitted to meeting middleman Haschke
- F-16 fighter jets sold to Pakistan could be used against India: US lawmakers
- Fee hike: Schools will not budge with dharnas, submit a written complaint, Manish Sisodia tells parents
- Know what Shah Rukh Khan feels about PM Narendra Modi’s ‘Make In India’ initiative
- Know how Karan Johar entertains ‘India's Got Talent’ co-judge Malaika Arora Khan