US Defence Secretary Hagel to meet NSA Menon in Munich
Washington: US Defence Secretary Chuck Hagel would meet India`s National Security Advisor Shiv Shankar Menon in Munich this week, Pentagon officials have said.
The two will meet during the 50th International Conference in Munich, Germany, scheduled from January 31 to February 1.
This would be the first meeting between them after the recent Devyani Khobragade issue that created tension in the bilateral ties.
Khobragade, 39, was indicted on January 10 for visa fraud and making false statements by a grand jury.
The 1999-batch IFS officer was arrested on December 12 last year in New York on charges of making false declarations in a visa application for her maid. She was released on a USD 250,000 bond.
The diplomat was strip searched and held with criminals, triggering a row between the two sides with India retaliating by downgrading privileges of certain category of US diplomats.
Khobragade had returned to India after US authorities accorded her diplomatic immunity.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Saif Ali Khan, Rani Mukerji's 'Hum Tum' ticks 12 years!
- Not most fashionable but carry myself well: Fawad Khan
- FIs can obtain self-certification via internet banking: CBDT
- Tata Communications Q4 net loss widens to Rs 205 crore
- Kapil Sharma invites you to unlimited fun with Mika Singh and Chris Gayle at 'The Kapil Sharma Show'!