US embassy says Powell cancelled Nepal visit due to pressing issues
New Delhi: The US embassy on Friday clarified that Ambassador Nancy Powell`s personal holiday plans in Nepal were cancelled due to pressing issues.
Acting spokesperson in the US Embassy Lee McManis was commenting on reports that Powell had cancelled the visit to Nepal after India downgraded privileges and benefits enjoyed by the US diplomats including the Ambassador here such as withdrawal of special pass to airports which gave them special access to various procedural checks.
"Ambassador Powell`s personal holiday plans in Nepal were cancelled to deal with pressing issues," McManis said.
- NDRF says ‘fire out in 70% of affected areas’, Centre sends team to probe Uttarakhand forest fires
- Major shift in Modi govt’s stand on Hurriyat leaders as VK Singh says ‘they are citizens of India’?
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan legal spat: Sona Mohapatra slams Adhyayan Suman - Here's why
- Kangana Ranaut's deposition after lot of delay, drama, says Hrithik Roshan's legal team
- WATCH: Ugly spat between Harbhajan Singh, Ambati Rayudu during Mumbai Indians vs Rising Pune Supergiants match