US embassy says Powell cancelled Nepal visit due to pressing issues
New Delhi: The US embassy on Friday clarified that Ambassador Nancy Powell`s personal holiday plans in Nepal were cancelled due to pressing issues.
Acting spokesperson in the US Embassy Lee McManis was commenting on reports that Powell had cancelled the visit to Nepal after India downgraded privileges and benefits enjoyed by the US diplomats including the Ambassador here such as withdrawal of special pass to airports which gave them special access to various procedural checks.
"Ambassador Powell`s personal holiday plans in Nepal were cancelled to deal with pressing issues," McManis said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Demonetisation: Majority of ATMs still out of cash
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- This happens only in Pakistan? You won't believe what this boy did in front of his lady teacher - WATCH
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- Unseen Video: On Yuvraj Singh, Hazel Keech's wedding reception, MS Dhoni greets couple with a hug