US embassy says Powell cancelled Nepal visit due to pressing issues
New Delhi: The US embassy on Friday clarified that Ambassador Nancy Powell`s personal holiday plans in Nepal were cancelled due to pressing issues.
Acting spokesperson in the US Embassy Lee McManis was commenting on reports that Powell had cancelled the visit to Nepal after India downgraded privileges and benefits enjoyed by the US diplomats including the Ambassador here such as withdrawal of special pass to airports which gave them special access to various procedural checks.
"Ambassador Powell`s personal holiday plans in Nepal were cancelled to deal with pressing issues," McManis said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?