US encouraged by talks between India, Pak
Washington: Ahead of the Foreign Secretary-level talks between India and Pakistan, the United States has said that it is encouraged by the dialogue between
the two South Asian neighbors.
"I think we are encouraged by the dialogue that has been ongoing between India and Pakistan and the upcoming visit," State Department spokesman Victoria Nuland said.
"We urge them to talk about these issues directly." Nuland`s remarks came ahead of Indian Foreign Secretary Nirupama Rao`s visit to Islamabad to hold talks with her Pakistani counterpart Salman Bashir on June 23-24, during which the two sides would take stock of the progress made during the series of high-level meetings between the two countries in key areas of security, trade and commerce and water.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation – Part II
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof