US encouraged by talks between India, Pak
Washington: Ahead of the Foreign Secretary-level talks between India and Pakistan, the United States has said that it is encouraged by the dialogue between
the two South Asian neighbors.
"I think we are encouraged by the dialogue that has been ongoing between India and Pakistan and the upcoming visit," State Department spokesman Victoria Nuland said.
"We urge them to talk about these issues directly." Nuland`s remarks came ahead of Indian Foreign Secretary Nirupama Rao`s visit to Islamabad to hold talks with her Pakistani counterpart Salman Bashir on June 23-24, during which the two sides would take stock of the progress made during the series of high-level meetings between the two countries in key areas of security, trade and commerce and water.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video