US for peaceful resolution of Sino-India boundary row
Washington: The US has said that it supports peaceful and bilateral resolution of boundary dispute between India and China.
"We support India and China working together to settle their boundary disputes, and to do so bilaterally and peacefully," State Department spokesman Patrick Ventrell said at his daily news conference.
Ventrell was responding to a question on the US stand on the ongoing tension between India and China after the Chinese incursion inside the Indian territory in Ladakh region.
India asserts that the border dispute covered about 4000 km, while China claims that it is confined to about 2000 km to the area of Arunachal Pradesh, which it refers as Southern Tibet.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?