US hands over Rana documents to India: Reports
New Delhi: India has received documents on 26/11 conspirator Tahawwur Hussain Rana from the US, said reports on Monday.
According to sources quoted by TV news channels, the documents contain evidence produced in a US court in Chicago during the trial of Rana. The evidence includes phone records, personal diaries etc.
The tapes containing conversations between 26/11 accused David Headley, Rana and fellow 26/11 conspirator Abdur Rehman Pasha have also been given to the Indian authorities by the US, sources said.
Rana went on trial in the US for planning a terror attack in Denmark and assisting his friend David Headley, who was an operative of the Lashkar-e-Toiba, plan the 26/11 terror attacks in Mumbai.
The Chicago court had found Rana guilty of providing material support to the LeT and helping a terror plot in Denmark, but acquitted on charges of involvement in the 26/11 attacks.
India is ready with a chargesheet against Headley but the latter’s extradition is no more a possibility following his plea bargain with US authorities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray