US hands over Rana documents to India: Reports
New Delhi: India has received documents on 26/11 conspirator Tahawwur Hussain Rana from the US, said reports on Monday.
According to sources quoted by TV news channels, the documents contain evidence produced in a US court in Chicago during the trial of Rana. The evidence includes phone records, personal diaries etc.
The tapes containing conversations between 26/11 accused David Headley, Rana and fellow 26/11 conspirator Abdur Rehman Pasha have also been given to the Indian authorities by the US, sources said.
Rana went on trial in the US for planning a terror attack in Denmark and assisting his friend David Headley, who was an operative of the Lashkar-e-Toiba, plan the 26/11 terror attacks in Mumbai.
The Chicago court had found Rana guilty of providing material support to the LeT and helping a terror plot in Denmark, but acquitted on charges of involvement in the 26/11 attacks.
India is ready with a chargesheet against Headley but the latter’s extradition is no more a possibility following his plea bargain with US authorities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena Bora murder: Transit remand for Sanjeev Khanna; to be presented in court
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them