US hands over Rana documents to India: Reports
New Delhi: India has received documents on 26/11 conspirator Tahawwur Hussain Rana from the US, said reports on Monday.
According to sources quoted by TV news channels, the documents contain evidence produced in a US court in Chicago during the trial of Rana. The evidence includes phone records, personal diaries etc.
The tapes containing conversations between 26/11 accused David Headley, Rana and fellow 26/11 conspirator Abdur Rehman Pasha have also been given to the Indian authorities by the US, sources said.
Rana went on trial in the US for planning a terror attack in Denmark and assisting his friend David Headley, who was an operative of the Lashkar-e-Toiba, plan the 26/11 terror attacks in Mumbai.
The Chicago court had found Rana guilty of providing material support to the LeT and helping a terror plot in Denmark, but acquitted on charges of involvement in the 26/11 attacks.
India is ready with a chargesheet against Headley but the latter’s extradition is no more a possibility following his plea bargain with US authorities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Uttarakhand: MBBS students builds toilets in a village in Rishikesh
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- Delhi HC rejects plea against Raj Thackeray's security cover
- Eleven Turkish police killed in bombing blamed on PKK
- Haryana govt asks probe officer to stop working on second report into Jat agitation
- Sister aka stylist Rhea Kapoor speaks about Sonam's fashion secrets
- Overhaul Indian sports bodies and de-link from Political patronage to overcome Rio fiasco: CPI-M