US hands over Rana documents to India: Reports
New Delhi: India has received documents on 26/11 conspirator Tahawwur Hussain Rana from the US, said reports on Monday.
According to sources quoted by TV news channels, the documents contain evidence produced in a US court in Chicago during the trial of Rana. The evidence includes phone records, personal diaries etc.
The tapes containing conversations between 26/11 accused David Headley, Rana and fellow 26/11 conspirator Abdur Rehman Pasha have also been given to the Indian authorities by the US, sources said.
Rana went on trial in the US for planning a terror attack in Denmark and assisting his friend David Headley, who was an operative of the Lashkar-e-Toiba, plan the 26/11 terror attacks in Mumbai.
The Chicago court had found Rana guilty of providing material support to the LeT and helping a terror plot in Denmark, but acquitted on charges of involvement in the 26/11 attacks.
India is ready with a chargesheet against Headley but the latter’s extradition is no more a possibility following his plea bargain with US authorities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result 2015 to be announced shortly