US has not changed stand on Modi, delegation visit just PR: Congress
Ahmedabad: Gujarat Congress on Friday described as "marketing gimmick" Chief Minister Narendra Modi`s meeting with a US delegation which included three Republican legislators.
"This is nothing but a marketing gimmick by some global Public Relation firms to promote Modi," said state Congress chief Arjun Modhwadia on Friday.
The delegation, led by Republican member in House of Representatives from Illinois Aaron Schock, called on Modi yesterday. The delegation members also invited Modi to US.
Modi has been denied visa since 2005 by the US over the issue of 2002 post-Godhra riots.
Modhwadia alleged that "though three Parliamentarians and few small-time businessmen were here as a group of Overseas Friends of BJP, the impression was created as if this is an official US delegation and US government itself has extended the invitation".
"Thanks to whole PR exercise, an impression was also created that Modi has been granted visa by the US government. But fact remains that, in spite of repeated efforts through lobbying, not only past US administration but present Obama administration has too refused to change its stand over the issue of granting visa to Modi," Modhwadia said.
"The Chief Minister should refrain from misguiding the people of the state and should also stop spending state resources for his own image building," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu