US Hindi programme to teach graduate students
Washington: With India`s rapid emergence as
an economic giant, a prominent American university has
launched an intensive two-year course that will prepare MBA
students to thrive in the business community of India.
The Hindi Programme, of the University of Pennsylvania`s
Lauder Institute in Philadelphia, will culminate with a
Wharton School MBA and Master of Arts and the expertise to
navigate in and with India`s business community.
Scheduled to begin in May 2011, the joint-degree programme
promises in-depth language training in Hindi; comprehensive
study of India`s culture, politics, values and business
practices; and a two-month, in-country immersion opportunity
to ensure that MBA students can assume successful managerial
careers in and with India, the University of Pennsylvania
"India is quickly becoming one of the economic giants of
the 21st century, and a major source of business innovation,"
said Shiv Khemka, Lauder Class of 1990, Member of the Lauder
Institute Board of Governors, and Vice Chairman SUN Group of
"The Lauder Institute offers the best graduate programme
to grasp this fundamental transformation, balancing the MBA
with an MA degree focused on the values, culture and business
practices that so uniquely characterise Indian entrepreneurs
and companies, and the emerging Indian market," Khemka said.
The Lauder Institute`s new focus on India "expands and
complements our strong offerings on East Asian, the Middle
Eastern, Latin American, and European business," observed
Mauro F Guillen, the Director of the Lauder Institute.
New Hindi Programme will tap University of Pennsylvania`s
many resources, including the Department of South Asia
Studies, the South Asia Centre, the Asian Section at the
University of Pennsylvania Museum of Archeology and
Anthropology, and the Centre for the Advanced Study of India.
The University of Pennsylvania is a founding member of
the American Institute of Indian Studies, while Wharton School
is a founding partner of the Indian School of Business, and
its faculty includes several experts on the Indian economy and
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Shameless cheating in exams, when will Bihar learn?
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- Trade unions` strike hits normal life across India
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone