US House resolution on PM`s state visit to be taken up today
Washington: Days ahead of the state visit of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, a resolution commemorating the Indo-US relationship has been schedule to be taken up for debate in the US House of Representative on Wednesday.
The resolution (H res No 890) moved by Congressman Jim McDermott and co-sponsored by 14 other lawmakers has been placed sixth the agenda item of the day according to the floor scheduled released last night by the House Majority Leader Steny H Hoyer.
Noting that India`s relationship with the US has deepened in past years and encompasses cooperation on matters relating to international security, world trade, technology, science and health, the resolution looks forward to continuing progress in the relationship between the two countries.
Welcoming Prime Minister to the US, the resolution commends the maturating of the relationship between the US and India, exemplified by the current official visit of Dr Singh.
The resolution notes that the ties between the US and India has great potential to promote stability, democracy, prosperity, and peace throughout the world and enhance the ability of both countries to work together to provide global leadership in areas of mutual concern and interest.
It says that Singh has helped shaped India`s economic policies to permit the expansion of a market economy, which has led to greater economic prosperity for India and the growth of a middle class.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- British PM to put stamp on Brexit before G20 summit
- Germany's top immigration officer anticipates 300,000 refugees in 2016
- Wow! Soon you may find a robot greeting you at HDFC Bank
- Half of states expected to ratify GST by early September
- When Kareena Kapoor Khan got 'emotional' while walking Lakme Fashion Week runway