US-India Homeland Security meeting today
New Delhi: Terrorism and its funding, transnational crime and intelligence sharing will be among the key issues to be discussed threadbare at the US-India Homeland Security meeting to be held here Friday.
During the day-long talks between Union Home Secretary RK Singh and US Deputy Secretary for Homeland Security Jane Lute, both the sides will deliberate on issues like intelligence exchange, information sharing, forensics and investigation besides access and sharing of data relating to terrorism, Home Ministry officials said yesterday.
Security of infrastructure, transportation and trade, conducting joint needs assessments, combating counterfeit currency, countering illicit financing and transnational crime will also figure during the delegation level talks.
The meeting will take stock of the progress made in cooperation between the two countries after the May, 2011 meeting between Home Minister P Chidambaram and US Secretary of Homeland Security Janet Napolitano on India-US Homeland Security.
India may raise the issue of the USD 10 million bounty announced by the US on information leading to arrest and conviction of LeT founder Hafiz Saeed, one of the most wanted in India, with the US and is likely to ask American delegation to put pressure on Pakistan to bring the 26/11 accused to justice.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days