US-India Homeland Security meeting today
New Delhi: Terrorism and its funding, transnational crime and intelligence sharing will be among the key issues to be discussed threadbare at the US-India Homeland Security meeting to be held here Friday.
During the day-long talks between Union Home Secretary RK Singh and US Deputy Secretary for Homeland Security Jane Lute, both the sides will deliberate on issues like intelligence exchange, information sharing, forensics and investigation besides access and sharing of data relating to terrorism, Home Ministry officials said yesterday.
Security of infrastructure, transportation and trade, conducting joint needs assessments, combating counterfeit currency, countering illicit financing and transnational crime will also figure during the delegation level talks.
The meeting will take stock of the progress made in cooperation between the two countries after the May, 2011 meeting between Home Minister P Chidambaram and US Secretary of Homeland Security Janet Napolitano on India-US Homeland Security.
India may raise the issue of the USD 10 million bounty announced by the US on information leading to arrest and conviction of LeT founder Hafiz Saeed, one of the most wanted in India, with the US and is likely to ask American delegation to put pressure on Pakistan to bring the 26/11 accused to justice.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Major shift in Modi govt’s stand on Hurriyat leaders as VK Singh says ‘they are citizens of India’?
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan legal spat: Sona Mohapatra slams Adhyayan Suman - Here's why
- Kangana Ranaut's deposition after lot of delay, drama, says Hrithik Roshan's legal team
- WATCH: Ugly spat between Harbhajan Singh, Ambati Rayudu during Mumbai Indians vs Rising Pune Supergiants match
- Congress may project Priyanka Gandhi or Rahul Gandhi as its CM candidate for UP polls 2017