US, India interested in people like Maj Iqbal, Mir: Roemer
New Delhi: As one `Major Iqbal`, believed to
be a Pakistan Army officer, and three other Pakistani
conspirators were charged by US prosecutors in connection with
26/11 Mumbai terror attacks, the US on Tuesday said these were the
people both India and America were "interested in".
"The US and India share common targets and common goals
in our counter-terrorism fight. These people like Sajid Mir
and Major Iqbal are people that both India and the US are
interested in," US Ambassador to India Timothy Roemer said
after visiting some US-funded health and education programmes.
In a second superseding indictment filed by the federal
prosecutors before a court in Chicago yesterday, the four
conspirators were identified as Major Iqbal, Sajid Mir, Mazhar
Iqbal and Abu Qahafa. Besides, the indictment mentioned an
unnamed individual "Lashkar Member D." All are residents of
He said the arrests of these people also reflect the
progress on the MoU signed between the US and India on
counter-terrorism last year.
"Sixteen new initiatives for the US and India to work
together, to fight and protect our people in the US and India
from a common enemy. Whether that can be al Qaeda attacking
the US, 9/11 or Lashkar-e-Toiba attacking India on 26/11," the
US envoy added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday