US, India should reduce trade barriers: US Senator
Mumbai: US Senator George LeMieux today said
India and the US must encourage trade and work towards
reducing the barriers be it taxes and regulations.
"We must encourage both importers and exporters in India
and the US. We must find ways to reduce barriers with regards
to trade whether they are taxes or regulations," LeMieux told
reporters here during his visit to Anjumam-I-Islam Girls
More and more opportunities must be created for people in
India to trade with the US, he said, adding, "India is an
important trading partner of my country and for my state
Florida as well.
Asked if the US was looking for reconciling relations
with Muslims outside America, LeMieux said, "We welcome
Muslims. Majority of Muslim people are peaceful and that minor
group of people are radical extremists. We have a great Muslim
community in our country and our relations with them are not
On his visit to the girls’ school, the Senator said, he
was impressed with the Indian education system as students are
learning four different languages.
"The children are smart and talented. They have
willingness to learn. I will take with me a good impression of
the education system here," LeMieux said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!