US-India strategic dialogue from June 01-04
Washington: The US and India will hold their four-day inaugural strategic dialogue beginning on June 01, which would include an in-depth discussion between the leaders of the two countries on global and regional issues.
"The Secretary (of State) looks forward to hosting Minister of External Affairs (SM) Krishna," State Department spokesman PJ Crowley told reporters at his daily news conference.
Leading the delegations of their respective countries, Hillary and Krishna would co-chair the high-level inter-agency discussions on a range of critical issues, including agriculture, education, energy, trade and counter-terrorism, Crowley said.
"There will be in-depth discussions on global and regional issues. In addition, there`ll be separate bilateral meetings, including between Cabinet members and Indian ministers on the margins of the dialogue," Crowley said.
The State Department spokesman also announced that the Undersecretary of State for Political Affairs Bill Burns will be travelling to Afghanistan and India.
"In Afghanistan, he will build on the progress achieved through the successful visit of (the Afghan) President (Hamid) Karzai and his cabinet to Washington. In India, he`ll meet with a range of senior Indian officials and make preparations for the upcoming strategic dialogue," he said.
Also in India, from May 23 until June 04, Ambassador Philip Revere, the US coordinator for international communications and information policy, will lead an inter-agency delegation from the Departments of State, the Federal Communications Commission, Department of Homeland Security and National Telecommunications Information Administration to the fifth World Telecommunication Development Conference in Hyderabad, he announced.
The conference is held under the auspices of the International Telecommunications Union.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued