US-India strategic dialogue from June 01-04
Washington: The US and India will hold their four-day inaugural strategic dialogue beginning on June 01, which would include an in-depth discussion between the leaders of the two countries on global and regional issues.
"The Secretary (of State) looks forward to hosting Minister of External Affairs (SM) Krishna," State Department spokesman PJ Crowley told reporters at his daily news conference.
Leading the delegations of their respective countries, Hillary and Krishna would co-chair the high-level inter-agency discussions on a range of critical issues, including agriculture, education, energy, trade and counter-terrorism, Crowley said.
"There will be in-depth discussions on global and regional issues. In addition, there`ll be separate bilateral meetings, including between Cabinet members and Indian ministers on the margins of the dialogue," Crowley said.
The State Department spokesman also announced that the Undersecretary of State for Political Affairs Bill Burns will be travelling to Afghanistan and India.
"In Afghanistan, he will build on the progress achieved through the successful visit of (the Afghan) President (Hamid) Karzai and his cabinet to Washington. In India, he`ll meet with a range of senior Indian officials and make preparations for the upcoming strategic dialogue," he said.
Also in India, from May 23 until June 04, Ambassador Philip Revere, the US coordinator for international communications and information policy, will lead an inter-agency delegation from the Departments of State, the Federal Communications Commission, Department of Homeland Security and National Telecommunications Information Administration to the fifth World Telecommunication Development Conference in Hyderabad, he announced.
The conference is held under the auspices of the International Telecommunications Union.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference