US-India strategic dialogue from June 01-04
Washington: The US and India will hold their four-day inaugural strategic dialogue beginning on June 01, which would include an in-depth discussion between the leaders of the two countries on global and regional issues.
"The Secretary (of State) looks forward to hosting Minister of External Affairs (SM) Krishna," State Department spokesman PJ Crowley told reporters at his daily news conference.
Leading the delegations of their respective countries, Hillary and Krishna would co-chair the high-level inter-agency discussions on a range of critical issues, including agriculture, education, energy, trade and counter-terrorism, Crowley said.
"There will be in-depth discussions on global and regional issues. In addition, there`ll be separate bilateral meetings, including between Cabinet members and Indian ministers on the margins of the dialogue," Crowley said.
The State Department spokesman also announced that the Undersecretary of State for Political Affairs Bill Burns will be travelling to Afghanistan and India.
"In Afghanistan, he will build on the progress achieved through the successful visit of (the Afghan) President (Hamid) Karzai and his cabinet to Washington. In India, he`ll meet with a range of senior Indian officials and make preparations for the upcoming strategic dialogue," he said.
Also in India, from May 23 until June 04, Ambassador Philip Revere, the US coordinator for international communications and information policy, will lead an inter-agency delegation from the Departments of State, the Federal Communications Commission, Department of Homeland Security and National Telecommunications Information Administration to the fifth World Telecommunication Development Conference in Hyderabad, he announced.
The conference is held under the auspices of the International Telecommunications Union.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?