US knew about 26/11 attacks: Headley’s wife
New Delhi: In what could be the most sensational revelation about the deadly 26/11 Mumbai terror attacks, the third wife of David Coleman Headley, Faiza Outalha, has claimed that she had informed the United States about an impending terror strike in India but they didn’t take it seriously.
Talking to a private TV news channel, Faiza said, “The American consulate officers in Islamabad didn’t take me seriously when I informed them that Headley worked with militant groups and was planning attacks in Mumbai and Karachi hotels.”
In the interview, the young Moroccan wife of the terrorist gave a vivid account of the 26/11 attacks that claimed the life of 154 innocent people. She said that Headley watched it all on television from their house in Lahore along with her.
Coming up with some startling revelations, she admitted that she had come to Mumbai with her husband in 2007 and stayed at Taj Mahal Palace and Hotel Trident Oberoi. She also described her honeymoon in Mumbai, during which they posed as a love-struck couple while Headley captured some prominent landmarks of Mumbai on his camera.
She also revealed that Headley was friends with Abdur Rehman Hashim Syed, or Pasha, and his wife Ambareen, who also acted as her local guardians in Headley`s absence.
Faiza also recounted the meeting with the LeT chief Hafiz Saeed in person and her visits to his house in Lahore. She talked about how she was well treated by "soft-spoken and well mannered" Saeed and his wife, who had invited her for dinner.
Talking about her personal life, Faiza revealed that her marriage with Daood Sayed Gilani aka David Coleman Headley was performed four years ago. She recounted the events, saying, “I was married to Headley for over four years. Our Nikah was performed in Lahore in a very close knit affair. My family gave consent over phone, while a few of Daood`s relatives and friends were also present.”
Describing her romance with Headley as a ‘fairytale’, Faiza said that she went to Pakistan to study medicine and met the "handsome" David at a social gathering, who stole her heart with his smart and suave mannerism.
It should be noted that the National Investigative Agency (NIA) is on look out for Faiza, who is believed to have worked as a messenger for Headley and LeT in the 26/11 Mumbai attacks case.
Faiza left Pakistan in early 2009 and returned to her home country, Morocco and has been living in Meknes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi