US lauds initiatives taken by India in rural dev field
New Delhi: The US On Wednesday appreciated the
initiatives taken by India in the area of rural development
and evinced keen interest in the measures undertaken by the
This was conveyed during a meeting between US Ambassador
Timothy J Roemer and Rural Development Minister C P Joshi
"The US Ambassador in India, Timothy J Roemer called on
the Union Rural Development Minister C P Joshi here today. The
two shared the vision of Indo-US co-operation in the field of
rural development," a ministry official said.
Roemer was accompanied by US Agency for International
Development (USAID) director Martha Erin Soto.
During the meeting, the Minister apprised the US
Ambassador of the efforts made by the government to streamline
the implementation of various schemes across the country, he
Joshi briefed Roemor on how schemes were streamlined with
the involvement of civil society, experts, academicians and
premier agencies both at the national and international level.
The Minister informed the US Ambassador that measures
were being taken to strengthen the implementation of flagship
programmes of the government for the benefit of rural
"Roemer evinced keen interest in the measures undertaken
by the government and appreciated the efforts taken in this
direction," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Jallikattu protests LIVE: Kamal Haasan urges agitators to stay calm, says `none can take away your rights`
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog