US letter links Ishrat Jahan to David Headley?
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: A Gujarat police officer has produced a letter which shows David Headly had told US investigators that Ishrat Jahan was indeed on a suicide mission.
Deputy Superintendent of Police N K Amin, who is under arrest in connection with the alleged Ishrat Jahan fake encounter case, submitted the purported US embassy letter before the Supreme Court.
The letter was reportedly written by the legal attaché of the US embassy and, if proved to be genuine, would be the first documentary evidence linking Headley to Ishrat.
Amin submitted the letter before the apex court in connection with his appeal seeking quashing of charges against him in the Ishrat case.
Amin informed the SC that the letter, submitted along with several other documents, was written on June 25, 2010, apparently by Daniel C Clegg. It was originally sent to the Intelligence Bureau.
As per sources, Clegg was liaisoning with Indian security agencies for the US FBI post Mumbai attacks of November 2008, when he wrote the letter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics