US letter links Ishrat Jahan to David Headley?
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: A Gujarat police officer has produced a letter which shows David Headly had told US investigators that Ishrat Jahan was indeed on a suicide mission.
Deputy Superintendent of Police N K Amin, who is under arrest in connection with the alleged Ishrat Jahan fake encounter case, submitted the purported US embassy letter before the Supreme Court.
The letter was reportedly written by the legal attaché of the US embassy and, if proved to be genuine, would be the first documentary evidence linking Headley to Ishrat.
Amin submitted the letter before the apex court in connection with his appeal seeking quashing of charges against him in the Ishrat case.
Amin informed the SC that the letter, submitted along with several other documents, was written on June 25, 2010, apparently by Daniel C Clegg. It was originally sent to the Intelligence Bureau.
As per sources, Clegg was liaisoning with Indian security agencies for the US FBI post Mumbai attacks of November 2008, when he wrote the letter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet