US letter links Ishrat Jahan to David Headley?
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: A Gujarat police officer has produced a letter which shows David Headly had told US investigators that Ishrat Jahan was indeed on a suicide mission.
Deputy Superintendent of Police N K Amin, who is under arrest in connection with the alleged Ishrat Jahan fake encounter case, submitted the purported US embassy letter before the Supreme Court.
The letter was reportedly written by the legal attaché of the US embassy and, if proved to be genuine, would be the first documentary evidence linking Headley to Ishrat.
Amin submitted the letter before the apex court in connection with his appeal seeking quashing of charges against him in the Ishrat case.
Amin informed the SC that the letter, submitted along with several other documents, was written on June 25, 2010, apparently by Daniel C Clegg. It was originally sent to the Intelligence Bureau.
As per sources, Clegg was liaisoning with Indian security agencies for the US FBI post Mumbai attacks of November 2008, when he wrote the letter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- LIVE Cricket Score, IND vs NZ, 3rd ODI: Kohli-Dhoni stand keeps India in hunt
- Samajwadi Party feud LIVE: After his sacking, Ramgopal Yadav writes to Mulayam, says 'you're surrounded by evil forces'
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption