US Navy 7th Fleet Commander in Kochi
Kochi: Vice Admiral Scott H Swift, Commander of the Seventh Fleet of the United States Navy, is here on a two day visit.
The Seventh Fleet is the largest of the United States Navy, with 60-70 ships, 200-300 aircraft and approximately 40,000 sailors and marines operating on a typical day, a Defence press release said.
The Admiral is in India as the Co-Chair of Indo-US Navy Executive Steering Group, it said.
He called on Vice Admiral Satish Soni, Flag Officer Commanding in Chief Southern Naval Command yesterday and also visited the training facilities at Southern Naval Command, it said.
The visit will facilitate professional and social bonding between the senior leadership of the two Navies. Vice Admiral Swift will leave for New Delhi today, it said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Why so much hullabaloo over Aamir's statement, asks Nagma