US Navy 7th Fleet Commander in Kochi
Kochi: Vice Admiral Scott H Swift, Commander of the Seventh Fleet of the United States Navy, is here on a two day visit.
The Seventh Fleet is the largest of the United States Navy, with 60-70 ships, 200-300 aircraft and approximately 40,000 sailors and marines operating on a typical day, a Defence press release said.
The Admiral is in India as the Co-Chair of Indo-US Navy Executive Steering Group, it said.
He called on Vice Admiral Satish Soni, Flag Officer Commanding in Chief Southern Naval Command yesterday and also visited the training facilities at Southern Naval Command, it said.
The visit will facilitate professional and social bonding between the senior leadership of the two Navies. Vice Admiral Swift will leave for New Delhi today, it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- Rahul Gandhi received pay while on 56 day leave: Organizer
- DNA: Odisha gets its first 100% solar-powered village
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country will not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?
- 'Rahul Gandhi gets pay without work'