US navy warship arrives here on goodwill visit
PortBlair: US Navy warship USS Defender
arrived here today on a goodwill visit.
The Defender is an Avenger class anti-mine vessel. The
visit of the naval warship is aimed at building strong
relationship between the navies of both the countries towards
peace, security and stability in the region, according to
press release issued here by the US Consulate General.
"The visit gives an opportunity to the sailors of the
ship to interact with their naval counterparts at Andaman
Nicobar Unified Command and for cultural exchange," the
US Naval ships USNS Safeguard and the anti-mine sweeper
USS Patriot had visited Port Blair earlier as part of the
goodwill initiative of US Navy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report