‘US pursuing imperialistic designs in South Asia’
Jammu: Opposing any strategic alliance
between India and the US, the CPI(M) on Sunday alleged that
America was pursuing its imperialistic designs of aggressive
expansionist policy in West and South Asia.
"The US has also been intervening in our domestic affairs
and we have to organise people to restrict government from
entering into strategic alliance with the US which could be
harmful to the interests of the country," party general
secretary CPI(M) Prakash Karat said during two-day long 9th
state conference of CPI(M) here.
"The US imperialistic designs of pursuing aggressive
expansionist policies are witnessed in West Asian countries of
Iraq, Libya, Syria and now in Iran.
"US designs are also evident in South Asia, where they
have been intervening in the internal affairs of Afghanistan
and Pakistan," Karat said.
CPI(M) State Secretary MY Tarigami presented a political
report in the conference highlighting the global consequences
of "imperialistic liberalisation".
"It also pointed out the designs of imperialistic
forces in South Asia and the Arab world for their ulterior
motives. In the report the failures of the UPA government
have been analysed and assessment of the present political and
economic scenario of the country has also been underlined",
It also expresses concern on rising prices, corruption,
unemployment and the issues confronting the common man, he
said adding that conference held detailed deliberations on the
The party shall unitedly fight against the designs of
imperialistic forces in South Asia with other like-minded,
progressive and democratic forces, he said.
The party shall mobilise the people against anti-people
economic policies at every level, Tarigami said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’