‘US ready to help India on Mumbai blasts probe’
Washington: The United States has offered assistance to India in the investigations of the July 13 Mumbai blasts that left 18 people dead and over 100 injured.
Washington stand ready to help India in its investigations of the Mumbai terrorist attack, the White House said yesterday, a day after multiple blasts rocked
India`s financial capital.
"Obviously, the Indian government is investigating that (Mumbai attack). And we have offered to assist in any way we can. But I don`t have any information regarding who might be responsible (for the bomb blasts)," White House Press
Secretary Jay Carney told reporters.
At another news conference, State Department spokesman Mark Toner said the Indian government is conducting its own investigation on this terrorist attack.
"We`ll wait and see how that develops," he said when asked if the United States has any indication of possible Pakistani involvement or support for the Mumbai bombings.
Secretary of State Hillary Clinton travels to India next week for the second India-US Strategic Dialogue.
Counter-terrorism, he said, would be one of the main focus of the talks which is now taking place in the immediate after math of the Mumbai blast.
"She continues with her plans to visit India next week. But you know, certainly, counter-terrorism is always an issue on the table when we talk to India. But it`s conceivable that given yesterday`s attacks, that it`s going to perhaps be
more at the forefront. But we enjoy good counter-terrorism cooperation with India," Toner said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Muslims worldwide had celebrated after 9/11: Donald Trump
- PM Modi congratulates Zee News for its efforts to promote energy conservation
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way