‘US ready to help India on Mumbai blasts probe’
Washington: The United States has offered assistance to India in the investigations of the July 13 Mumbai blasts that left 18 people dead and over 100 injured.
Washington stand ready to help India in its investigations of the Mumbai terrorist attack, the White House said yesterday, a day after multiple blasts rocked
India`s financial capital.
"Obviously, the Indian government is investigating that (Mumbai attack). And we have offered to assist in any way we can. But I don`t have any information regarding who might be responsible (for the bomb blasts)," White House Press
Secretary Jay Carney told reporters.
At another news conference, State Department spokesman Mark Toner said the Indian government is conducting its own investigation on this terrorist attack.
"We`ll wait and see how that develops," he said when asked if the United States has any indication of possible Pakistani involvement or support for the Mumbai bombings.
Secretary of State Hillary Clinton travels to India next week for the second India-US Strategic Dialogue.
Counter-terrorism, he said, would be one of the main focus of the talks which is now taking place in the immediate after math of the Mumbai blast.
"She continues with her plans to visit India next week. But you know, certainly, counter-terrorism is always an issue on the table when we talk to India. But it`s conceivable that given yesterday`s attacks, that it`s going to perhaps be
more at the forefront. But we enjoy good counter-terrorism cooperation with India," Toner said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Maharajganj
- Are educational institutions becoming a tool to showcase anti-national agendas?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- DNA: Post demonetisation, India records 7% GDP growth rate in Q3
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'
- No AC, mattress for Sasikala in prison, confirms DIG; may not be shifted to Chennai jail
- Gurmehar-ABVP ruckus: Virender Sehwag represents BCCI not India, says Umar Khalid