‘US ready to help India on Mumbai blasts probe’
Washington: The United States has offered assistance to India in the investigations of the July 13 Mumbai blasts that left 18 people dead and over 100 injured.
Washington stand ready to help India in its investigations of the Mumbai terrorist attack, the White House said yesterday, a day after multiple blasts rocked
India`s financial capital.
"Obviously, the Indian government is investigating that (Mumbai attack). And we have offered to assist in any way we can. But I don`t have any information regarding who might be responsible (for the bomb blasts)," White House Press
Secretary Jay Carney told reporters.
At another news conference, State Department spokesman Mark Toner said the Indian government is conducting its own investigation on this terrorist attack.
"We`ll wait and see how that develops," he said when asked if the United States has any indication of possible Pakistani involvement or support for the Mumbai bombings.
Secretary of State Hillary Clinton travels to India next week for the second India-US Strategic Dialogue.
Counter-terrorism, he said, would be one of the main focus of the talks which is now taking place in the immediate after math of the Mumbai blast.
"She continues with her plans to visit India next week. But you know, certainly, counter-terrorism is always an issue on the table when we talk to India. But it`s conceivable that given yesterday`s attacks, that it`s going to perhaps be
more at the forefront. But we enjoy good counter-terrorism cooperation with India," Toner said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Porn survey: Delhi no 1; 'animal porn' in Pune