US Secy of Navy in India to discuss maritime security
Mumbai: A year after terrorists struck Mumbai via the sea route, United States Secretary of the Navy Ray Mabus arrived here Thursday on a four-day visit to India to
discuss cooperation on challenging maritime security issues.
Mabus will meet officials in Mumbai and New Delhi during his visit, an American consulate release said here.
"Arriving in India on the anniversary of the terrorist attack on Mumbai makes our discussions particularly relevant and highlights the shared challenges facing our two great
nations and the global community," Mabus said.
"I am confident that the greater cooperation and
information sharing between our two countries in the wake of
Mumbai will lead to a safer, more secure world," he said.
He said that for the past one year there has been
reinforced cooperation among American, Indian, and
international law enforcement agencies which are working
together to defeat global terrorism and this collaboration is
"The attack on Mumbai was a tragedy that demonstrated the
constant threat and unrepentant evil of international
terrorism. Our hearts remain with the families of those
killed, with all those who suffered and with the city that has
had to confront the grim spectre of terror," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Romantic Italian vacation! Love is in the air for Ruslaan Mumtaz and Nirali – See pics
- Bombay High Court quashes FIR against Sussanne Khan
- US asks Pakistan not to discriminate among terrorists
- CMs to make presentation on their ambitious schemes in BJP meet today
- Chilli-based PAVA shells may replace pellet guns in Jammu and Kashmir