US Senator John McCain meets J&K Governor, CM
Srinagar: Influential US Senator and 2008
Republican presidential candidate John McCain on Tuesday held
discussions with Jammu and Kashmir Governor N N Vohra and
Chief Minister Omar Abdullah on various issues of mutual
Senator McCain, who is here on a two-day visit arrived by
a special plane and drove to Raj Bhawan to meet the Governor,
During their wide ranging discussions lasting for about
two hours, Senator McCain and Vohra exchanged views on various
The Governor hosted lunch for Senator McCain and other
members of the delegation which comprised Foreign Policy
Advisors Christian Brose and Vance Serchuk and US Military
Escort Lieutenant Lawrence Heyworth, a Raj Bhavan spokesman
The US senator, who lost the US presidential election to
Barack Obama, also met Chief Minister Omar Abdullah. The two
leaders discussed matters relating to the socio-economic
development and protection of environment, an official
McCain, who represents Arizona in the US Senate, is the
highest ranking US politician to visit Jammu and Kashmir but
there has been no official word on the purpose of his visit.
Then US Ambassador Timothy Roemer had visited the Valley
on March 17 this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation