US senator John McCain meets PM Narendra Modi
New Delhi: The US has high level of expectations about a new momentum of India`s economic growth under the new government, a senior American Senator Thursday told Prime Minister Narendra Modi who expressed desire to take the relationship to a new level.
Senator John McCain who met Modi here conveyed the keen desire in the US to work with him to revitalise the India-US strategic partnership.
Modi said he hoped for forward looking visit to the US in September this year to take the relationship to a new level.
"Prime Minister conveyed his desire to further deepen and expand the strategic partnership, based on our shared values and interests, sensitivity to each other`s concerns and tangible progress across the full spectrum of bilateral relations," said a statement by the PMO.
Modi added that the success of democratic countries and their cooperation will advance peace, stability and prosperity in the world.
Both also discussed the situation in Iraq and Afghanistan.
"The Prime Minister expressed concern over the increased threat of terrorism across the world, and reiterated that the fight against terror should be a global priority for humanitarian forces," the statement added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- Indrani can do anything for money: Siddharth Das
- If Bihar marches forward, then nation will also progress: PM Modi
- Watch: CCTV footage of open firing on a liquor shop in Jabalpur
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!