US should allow duped students to study in other universities
New Delhi: India on Thursday said the US
authorities should allow the students, duped by a California-
based "sham" university, to continue their studies in some
other American Universities.
Stating that he has received letters from a couple of
affected students, Minister for Overseas Indian Affairs
Vayalar Ravi said they should be allowed "to continue their
study in some other universities".
The decision that whether they need to come back or
not can be taken later, he said.
Duped by the authorities of Tri-Valley University,
which has been shut down, hundreds of Indian students, mostly
from Andhra Pradesh, faced the threat of being deported back
home after having lost their student visa status.
Some of them were also made to wear ankle monitors so
that their movement can be tracked, a move which has evoked a
sharp reaction from India.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Sunil Grover responds to Kapil Sharma’s ‘sorry’ tweet, says ‘don’t act like a God’
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what