US should allow duped students to study in other universities
New Delhi: India on Thursday said the US
authorities should allow the students, duped by a California-
based "sham" university, to continue their studies in some
other American Universities.
Stating that he has received letters from a couple of
affected students, Minister for Overseas Indian Affairs
Vayalar Ravi said they should be allowed "to continue their
study in some other universities".
The decision that whether they need to come back or
not can be taken later, he said.
Duped by the authorities of Tri-Valley University,
which has been shut down, hundreds of Indian students, mostly
from Andhra Pradesh, faced the threat of being deported back
home after having lost their student visa status.
Some of them were also made to wear ankle monitors so
that their movement can be tracked, a move which has evoked a
sharp reaction from India.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on political reasons responsible for 50 days of Kashmir unrest
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind India's poor performance in Olympic games
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind India's poor performance in Olympic games Part-II
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children Part II
- Shahid Afridi virtually ruled out of lone T20 against England
- iBerry Auxus 4X with 4GB RAM launched in India at Rs 15,990
- OMG! UP politician calls traffic cop 'gunda' for doing his duty – WATCH Viral Video
- Two dead, seven injured in stampede after fire in Murshidabad hospital
- RSS to start awareness campaign against changing name of WB