US should allow duped students to study in other universities
New Delhi: India on Thursday said the US
authorities should allow the students, duped by a California-
based "sham" university, to continue their studies in some
other American Universities.
Stating that he has received letters from a couple of
affected students, Minister for Overseas Indian Affairs
Vayalar Ravi said they should be allowed "to continue their
study in some other universities".
The decision that whether they need to come back or
not can be taken later, he said.
Duped by the authorities of Tri-Valley University,
which has been shut down, hundreds of Indian students, mostly
from Andhra Pradesh, faced the threat of being deported back
home after having lost their student visa status.
Some of them were also made to wear ankle monitors so
that their movement can be tracked, a move which has evoked a
sharp reaction from India.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sandeep Dikshit unhappy with Ajay Maken? Says can't accept a leadership whose objective was to discredit Sheila Dikshit
- Struggles never end in life, says Quantico star Priyanka Chopra
- India vs West Indies: List of records broken by Virat Kohli & Co during thumping win in 1st Test
- 2nd conviction in coal scam: Court convicts RSPL, 3 top officials
- Watch: 'Kumkum Bhagya' Episode 629—Abhi ends his relationship with Pragya!