US should allow duped students to study in other universities
New Delhi: India on Thursday said the US
authorities should allow the students, duped by a California-
based "sham" university, to continue their studies in some
other American Universities.
Stating that he has received letters from a couple of
affected students, Minister for Overseas Indian Affairs
Vayalar Ravi said they should be allowed "to continue their
study in some other universities".
The decision that whether they need to come back or
not can be taken later, he said.
Duped by the authorities of Tri-Valley University,
which has been shut down, hundreds of Indian students, mostly
from Andhra Pradesh, faced the threat of being deported back
home after having lost their student visa status.
Some of them were also made to wear ankle monitors so
that their movement can be tracked, a move which has evoked a
sharp reaction from India.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump Inauguration LIVE: US President vows to eradicate Islamic terrorism from the face of Earth